Editing who can register accounts in Drupal 7
Working with the account settings for users gives you the ability to control many features. When new people try and register for accounts, you may want to restrict who exactly can register. Perhaps you want it to be Admins only, or be free and allow all visitors to do so. Maybe you want to go with the middle ground and allow visitors to register, but Admins to approve them before they are active. The Drupal 7 admin dashboard allows you to do just that. Setting who can register accounts in Drupal 7 is very simple. Just perform the following steps:
Changing who can register users in Drupal 7:
- Log into your Drupal 7 Admin dashboard.
- Using the top menu bar, find and click on the Configuration option.
- This is the Configuration screen. Locate the People category clicking on the Account Settings link.
- You are now on the the Account Settings screen. Be sure you are on the Settings Tab. This is found in the upper right part of the screen. Move down the screen to the Registration and cancellation section. Find the Who can register accounts? setting and select your choice from the radio buttons. The choices are:
Administrators Only Only admins can enter and register new people. The most restrictive. Visitors Anyone can register. The least restrictive. Visitors, but administrator approval is required The middle ground. Visitors can register but admins have to activate the
- Click on the Save Configuration button at the bottom of the screen.
You now know how to modify who can register accounts in Drupal 7
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?