How to disable registration email verification for Drupal 7
When regsitering within Drupal 7, all registrants are required to verify their email addresses by default. You may want to disable this feature for some reason. Maybe you are working within a group that all use office emails and there is no need. Whatever reason you have, you can do this within the admin dashboard. Removing the email verification requirement in Drupal 7 can be done by following these steps:
How to turn off the email verification requirement in Drupal 7:
- Log into your Drupal 7 Admin dashboard.
- Find the Configuration option on the top menu bar and click on that option.
- You are now on the Configuration screen. Find the People category and click on the Account Settings link.
- This brings you to the Account Settings screen. Be sure you are set to the Settings tab, found in the upper right part of the screen. Scroll down and find the Registration and Cancellation section. Locate the Require e-mail verification when a visitor creates an account setting. By default, this is checked. Click the checkbox to turn off the email verification requirement.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on the Save Configuration button.
You have successfully disabled the email verification for new users in Drupal 7.
‹Section 16: How to modify the Password Recovery email text in Drupal 7
›Section 18: How to change the username for Anonymous users in Drupal 7
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!