How to block a user account in Drupal 7
There may come a time when you need to block an account from having access to your site. In an ideal world, we would neer have to discipline site members, but it does happen. Also, you may want to disable accounts for anyone on vacation to further secure the account and site. Whatever your reason, blocking a user account in Drupal 7 is very easy to do. To learn how, simply follow these steps:
- Log into your Drupal 7 admin dashboard.
- From the top menu bar, locate the People option and click it.
- From the People screen, find the user you want to block and click the Edit link for that user.
- This new page is where you find all the individual settings for your chosen user. Find the Status area and click the radio button named Blocked. This sets the user to an inactive status, and therefore unable to log in once the settings are saved.
- Once selected, scroll to the bottom of the page and select the Save button. This takes you back to the user list where you will see that your chosen user now has a Status of Blocked. To reactivate the user, simply follow the same steps, selecting Active as the status on the user's settings page.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!