How to install updates for modules in Drupal 7Written by Tim Sisson
Now that we showed you how to find which modules need to be updated in Drupal 7, you'll need to update them. This is done easily in the Drupal 7 dashboard.
To update modules in Drupal 7:
- Log into the Drupal 7 Dashboard
- Go to Reports and click on Available Updates
- Change to the Update tab
- Select the modules and themes you want to update by placing a check mark next to them
- Click on Download these updates
- After the download is complete, you will want to set your website in maintenance mode by checking the box and selecting continue
- Once the update is complete you'll be notified via a screen similar to the one below. Note that the site will be taken out of maintenance mode automatically for you.
- After you have updated all the modules and themes you want to, you'll want to run the database update script. After a module is updated the screen below will appear. This is the last step in the update process. You simply need to click on the Run database updates
If you need further assistance please feel free to ask a question on our support center.
Like this Article? Tweet
An Introduction to Drupal 7 Modules
|1.||What is a Drupal 7 module?|
|2.||How to install a new module to Drupal 7|
|3.||Finding Modules that need to be updated in Drupal 7|
|4.||How to install updates for modules in Drupal 7|
|5.||How to uninstall a module in Drupal 7|
If you need some help, submit your question to our Community!
We guarantee a response within 60 minutes (8am - 9pm EST, Monday - Friday)