Manually install Drupal 7 - Part 2/2 - Initial Configuration
This article is part 2 of our two part article on manually installing Drupal 7. The first part took you through database and file setup. This part will walk you through setting up the initial configuration of your Drupal 7 installation. Again, these same steps will apply, regardless of whether you're using Shared, VPS, or Drupal Dedicated Hosting.
To configure the Drupal 7 installation:
- Visit yourdomain.com/install.php (replacing yourdomain.com with your actual domain)
- Choose the Standard installation and click Save and Continue
- Select English for the language and click Save and Continue
- Enter in your Database name, Database username, and Database password (these are the details you wrote down from part 1) and click Save and Continue
- Fill in the Site configuration settings
- Click Save and Continue
|Site Name||This is the site's name. You can change it to whatever you like.|
|Site Email Address||This is the email account all emails from your Drupal site will be sent from.|
|Username||This is the administrator account's user name.|
|Password||This is the password for the administrator account.|
|Confirm Password||Re-enter the password here for confirmation.|
|Default Country||Select your default country.|
|Default Time Zone||Select the time zone you want the site to use.|
|Update Notifications||These settings are used to check for updates and send email verifications|
At this point you have configured your Drupal installation. And you can now visit your website to see the default installation of Drupal and to log into your admin dashboard. For more information on this course please visit Installing and Getting Started with Drupal 7.
If you need further assistance please feel free to ask a question on our support center.
Thank you for your feedback!