How to upload your custom logo in your Drupal 7 theme
Instead of disabling the logo on your Drupal 7 theme, you may choose to switch out the stock logo with your own custom company logo. This article will show you how to do this in the Global Settings. Enabling the Drupal 7 global settings to allow you to use your custom logo is simple to do with the following steps.
Setting up a custom logo in Drupal 7:
- Log into your Drupal 7 Admin panel.
- Using the top menu area, click on the Appearance option.
- This will bring up the themes page where it lists all themes installed within Drupal 7. Locate the Settings tab at the upper right corner of the screen and click it.
- This brings you to the main Appearance page. You will see Global Settings followed by the name of all enabled themes as a top menu bar. To set the option globally, click on the Global Settings option. To set it for a particular theme, simply click on the name of the desired theme. This will bring you to the settings page.
- You will then need to locate the Logo image settings section on the page. Uncheck the box labeled Use the default logo and a few new fields will appear. These are Path to custom logo and Upload logo. Use the Browse button and upload your logo. (It will appear in the Path field after saving)
Note that not all themes support the global settings. If that is the case for your theme, simply choose the theme name at the top instead of Global Settings to go to the settings for that particular theme. Then you willl be able to turn off the logo for that theme.
- Click on the Save Configuration button at the bottom of the page to save the change. You can see the effects of uploading a custom logo in the before and after screenshots below.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
2014-03-03 11:54 am
Hello priyank prajapati,
Thank you for your question. This error is usually caused by a PHP setting, that you can adjust on your server.
Here is a guide on how to update your local php settings.
You will want to increase the value for the upload_max_filesize setting.
If you have any further questions, feel free to post them below.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?