How to turn off user pictures for posts in a Drupal 7 theme
Drupal themes allow the option for user images (also known as avatars) to display next to their names in posts and comments. You may want to turn off user pictures for posts that appear on the pages of your themes. This can be done via a global setting or by individual themes in the Drupal 7 admin dashboard. Hiding user pictures is very simple in Drupal 7 and can be done by following these instructions.
Disabling user pictures for posts in Drupal 7:
- Log into your Drupal 7 Admin panel.
- Using the top menu area, click on the Appearance option.
- This will bring up the themes page where it lists all themes installed within Drupal 7. Locate the Settings tab at the upper right corner of the screen and click it.
- This brings you to the main Appearance page. You will see Global Settings followed by the name of all enabled themes as a top menu bar. To set this setting for all themes, be sure you are set to Global Settings by clicking on the label. If you wish to turn off this setting for a particular theme, simply click on that theme's name in the menu. You will then see a Toggle Display list. Find the User Pictures In Posts setting. Simply click the checkbox to disable it. It is disabled if there is no longer a check in the box.
Note that not all themes support the global settings. If that is the case for your theme, simply choose the theme name at the top instead of Global Settings to go to the settings for that particular theme. Then you willl be able to turn off the logo for that theme.
- Click on the Save Configuration button at the bottom of the page to save the change.
Now you have successfully turned off user pictures for posts in Drupal 7. Be sure to check out our article on disabling user pictures in comments as well.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!