Disabling Comments on Specific Blog Entries in Drupal 7
At this point you've enabled the blog module and created your first blog entry. By default, commenting (allowing others to post comments on your blog post) is set to Open. Open commenting means anyone with an account that has the permissions set to Post comments will be able to comment.
At times, you may want to turn commenting off. You can either turn commenting off for all blog posts, or you can disable commenting on individual blog entries. In this tutorial, we'll walk you through the steps for turning commenting off for specific blog posts.
To turn of Commenting for a blog entry in Drupal 7:
- Log into the Drupal Dashboard
- Go to Find content in the upper left corner
- Find the Blog Entry page you want to turn commenting off for and click edit to the right of it
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and find the “Comment Settings” and click on it
- Select the radio button labeled Closed.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- Now, you’ll see that the site will not display the comments section underneath the blog post.
If you need further assistance please feel free to ask a question on our support center.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
Post a Comment
News / Announcements
Blogging in Drupal 7
|1.||Enabling the Blog module in Drupal 7|
|2.||Creating a Blog Entry in Drupal 7|
|3.||Disabling Comments on Specific Blog Entries in Drupal 7|