Using File Manager in cPanel
In this tutorial:
Your cPanel account has the ability to allow you to access, view, modify, add, and delete files from your account effortlessly, using the File Manager. In this tutorial we will show you how to access the File Manager, then go over the features available there.
Using the File Manager in cPanel
- Log into your cPanel
- Click on the "File Manager" in the "Files" section.
You will then see your files listed. If you need to access a hidden file (such as .htaccess), it is covered in our guide on how to show hidden files.
cPanel File Manager Features
Now that you are logged into file manager, let's take a few minutes to understand some of the basic features of File Manager.
- Task Bar (Purple Outline)- This is where you can perform basic tasks like create a new folder, delete a file, edit a file and much more.
- Current Location (Orange Outline)- This tells you where you currently located. Also you can specify a path here to navigate to somewhere else.
- File Tree (Red Outline) - This is also for navigation, but shows you a visual representation of how your files are structured.
- Current Folder Contents (Green Outline) - This lets you know what the contents are of the current folder you are in.
Additional GuidesThis section includes additional walk-through guides, for comon task that are performed in the cPanel File Manager:
cPanel makes it easy for you to manage your files. Read more about the cPanel file management features.
Support Center LoginOur Login page has moved, Click the button below to be taken to the login page.
Social Media Login
Managing your Files in cPanel
|1.||How to Perform a Full Backup in cPanel|
|2.||Renaming files and folders in cPanel|
|3.||Using File Manager in cPanel|
|4.||How to Use the Code Editor in the cPanel File Manager|
|5.||Creating an Under Construction or Coming Soon page|
2015-01-19 8:18 am
thanks usefull information, this prblm created in my site, then i am using your trick, and now everthing is ok, thankalot to giving this wonderfull info.
2015-08-10 10:35 am
Thanks a lot for the detailed tutorial! I spent so much time to figure out that issue.
2016-02-08 5:40 am
I want to edit in my homepage but could not find that file in cpanel.
Could you please tell me where it is. I'm using Opencart V.188.8.131.52
Thanks in Advance
2016-02-08 2:03 pm
CMS programs like OpenCart, WordPress, etc build the pages on command. There are not static files to edit manually. Editing is done via the admin dashboard.
2017-06-26 11:26 am
My file manager in my cpanel doesn't look anything like what your video shows. Is there a different look for reseller accounts?
2017-06-26 11:36 am
Since the date this video was published, cPanel has gone through some major theme updates. We will make sure to update this video soon.