Using File Manager in cPanel
In this tutorial:
Your cPanel account has the ability to allow you to access, view, modify, add, and delete files from your account effortlessly, using the File Manager. In this tutorial we will show you how to access the File Manager, then go over the features available there.
Accessing the File Manager:
- cPanel LoginLogin to your cPanel
- Click on the "File Manager" in the "Files" section.
- You will get prompted with a pop-up menu asking what directory you would like to start in. To go directly to where your website files are stored make sure to check the "Web Root" and press "Go." It's wise to make sure that the "Show Hidden Files" box is checked in case you need to work with the php.ini or the .htaccess files.
cPanel File Manager Features
Now that you are logged into file manager, let's take a few minutes to understand some of the basic features of File Manager.
- Task Bar (Purple Outline)- This is where you can perform basic tasks like create a new folder, delete a file, edit a file and much more.
- Current Location (Orange Outline)- This tells you where you currently located. Also you can specify a path here to navigate to somewhere else.
- File Tree (Red Outline) - This is also for navigation, but shows you a visual representation of how your files are structured.
- Current Folder Contents (Green Outline) - This lets you know what the contents are of the current folder you are in.
Additional GuidesThis section includes additional walk-through guides, for comon task that are performed in the cPanel File Manager:
cPanel makes it easy for you to manage your files. Read more about the cPanel file management features.
Support Center Login
Social Media Login
Managing your Files in cPanel
|1.||How to Perform a Full Backup in cPanel|
|2.||Renaming files and folders in cPanel|
|3.||Using File Manager in cPanel|
|4.||How to Use the Code Editor in the cPanel File Manager|
|5.||Creating an Under Construction or Coming Soon page|
2015-01-19 8:18 am
thanks usefull information, this prblm created in my site, then i am using your trick, and now everthing is ok, thankalot to giving this wonderfull info.
2015-08-10 10:35 am
Thanks a lot for the detailed tutorial! I spent so much time to figure out that issue.