Hello Citygirlfarming, sorry to hear you're still having some issues importing your WordPress.com website into your account.
I unfortunately was unable to find a /blog
directory on your account, or any WordPress .xml
files to use for the import.
Typically when you're running into a Failed to import
or Invalid post type
error, this can be caused by corruption in your backup file. So you might want to try to export it again from WordPress.com
Another common problem I've seen is that sometimes the .xml
file is too large for the server to process. If this is the case, you can try following these steps to hopefully get things successfully imported:
- Download 7-Zip or another file archiver.
- Right-click on your WordPress exported .xml file -> 7zip >Add to Archive
- For the Archive format option, select gzip.
Here is a small video of this in action:
- Try to upload the .gz file instead of your .xml one into WordPress.
- Depending on the size of your file, you might need to adjust these values in your php.ini file as well:
default_socket_timeout = 600
max_execution_time = 600
upload_max_filesize = 256M
Please let us know if you're still encountering any issues at all.