need help locked out of wordpress admin page
apparently I must have installed a captcha plugin that has a 2 action login feature where you copy the captcha then it sends you a code via email and you use that to login,that's ok if you're a vistor to the site problem is Im now locked out of my admin panel when I do it it sends me to my website as if I was a visitor if I ever get in there i'll have to delete this plugin,when I installed it I had no idea it had this function, can you help?
If you know the name of the <a href="http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/wordpress/install-wordpress-plugin-using-plugin-search">WordPress plugin</a>, you can disable it by renaming the folder in the plugins directory. Follow the steps below.
1. <a href"http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/cpanel/getting-started-cpanel/how-to-log-into-cpanel">Log into your cPanel.</a>
2. <a href"http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/cpanel/cpanel-file-manager/using-file-manager-in-cpanel">Go to your File manager.</a>
3. Select your directory for your WordPress and click Go.
4. Go to the /wp-content/plugins folder.
5. Find the troublesome plugin and rename the folder.
6. <a href"http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/wordpress/wordpress-introduction/logging-into-wordpress-dashboard">Try logging into your WordPress.</a>
If you need any help our <a href="http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/website-troubleshooting/how-to-get-great-technical-support">tech support</a> will be able to get into your account and fix it. Unfortunately, this is a public forum and we will not post your private information here.
Like this Question? Tweet