Change Wordpress database name
I have several wordpress installations and would like to change the name of the database from numbers to something which easily distinquishes one from another, such as a name or letters referencing the site. I have not been able to find any tutorials on this.
1) First, log into cPanel and <a href="http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/phpmyadmin/export-database-using-phpmyadmin">make a backup of your existing databases using PHPMyAdmin</a>.
2) <a href="http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/database-setup/how-do-i-create-a-mysql-database-in-my-control-panel-cpanel">Create the new databases</a> that you want them to now be named.
3) <a href="http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/phpmyadmin/import-database-using-phpmyadmin">Import those previous backups</a> into your new databases.
4) Add your user permissions to the new databases.
5) Modify your wp-config.php files to reflect the new database names.
Like this Question? Tweet