I used Webeasy 8 Pro to build a website. Will I be able to publish it to my existing domain?
Category: How To
I already have a published website on Inmotion. I used Plesk Sitebuilder.
Thanks for posting your question. I'm more than happy to assist you. If your domain is hosted here, you can publish the website you built with WebEasy Pro, however you will have to change the publishing settings to do so.
1. Go to the tools menu, click options, select Programs, under website publishing programs select default publish assistant and click ok to close the window.
2. Click tools menu again, click Publish Assistant and click next.
3. Click the button labeled Connect.
4. In the Connection Profile window, type in a name for the profile like your domain name. Then, where it says Host name or IP address: type in yourdomainname.com or the server IP address.
5. Where it says User identifier: type in your user name. This will be your cPanel username.
6. User password: This is the cPanel password of your webhosting account.
7. Now, click the tab named General in the same Connection Profile window. In the Initial remote folder field type in: public_html/
(Type this only for the main domain, if you have an addon domain see below)
Addon Domains, type in:
The name for the addon domain folder can be found in your account cpanel by clicking addon domains, it will be listed next to the domain.
For example: If the addon domain name is http://www.abc.com the folder would be named abc and the full path would be:
8. Under the WWW Site tab in the same Connection Profile window, where is says World Wide Web URL type in http://www.yourdomainnamehere.com and select the primary page as index.htm
9. After all these settings have been entered, click ok. You will immediately see a message stating:
The last message from the server is:
youruser has group access to: youruser OK. Current restricted directory is /
You may close this window.
10. Click next and proceed to publish.
Please note, this will overwrite your website you currently have online and built with Premium Website Builder. I hope this helps! If you need further assistance please feel free to contact us.
Like this Question? Tweet
Support Center Login
Social Media Login
It looks like there are no related articles.
Would you like to ask a question about this page? If so, click the button below!