How can I delete email?
Category: General Information
where go I go in cpanel to delete email from storage?
Best answer chosen by InMotion Hosting staff
I just wanted to touch base on your question with a little more information.
Are you trying to delete an email account?
Email accounts can be created within your cPanel.
1. Log into your cPanel
2. Click "Email Accounts" under "Mail"
3. Your current email addresses will be listed at the bottom of the page. To delete an email account, simply click "Delete" next to the account in question.
Are you trying to delete individual emails?
If you're not using an email client such as Microsoft Outlook or Mac mail, you can get easy access to your email using WebMail. To access Webmail:
1. Visit yourdomain.com/webmail (be sure to replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain name)
2. You will then be prompted for a username and password. Be sure to enter your full email address (all lower case) as the username and then your email password to login.
3. Once you have logged in, choose one of the three webmail options shown. I recommend squirrel mail, as it is simple and to the point.
4. To delete an email in SquirrelMail, put a check in the box next to the email you want to delete and then click the "Delete" button at the top right of the page.
5. This will put the email in your Trash folder. To completely remove the email, click the "Trash" link in the left menu to load your trash folder. Then follow step 4 to delete the message.
I hope this helps! Be sure to let us know if we can help any further.
Thanks fro posting your question. I'm more than happy to assist you. Are you looking for information on how to delete an email account? If so, that can be done in cPanel under the email accounts icon. If you are looking to remove old emails you can do that directly in Web Mail. Here is a link you may find helpful:
I hope this helps! If you need further assistance please feel free to contact us.
Like this Question? Tweet