Do you know that Linux System Administration doesn’t require a Start Button? Would you like to upgrade and surround yourself with like minded people and leading edge hardware. How about the opportunity to work in multiple data centers, amongst 1000s of servers? Do you enjoy solving and troubleshooting complex issues that no one else can? Would you like to work with technical managers that are experts in the field?
InMotion Hosting, Inc., one of the nation’s fastest growing website hosting companies, having achieved 100% annual growth for 5 consecutive years.
Currently, we have an opening for Linux System Administrator to assist in system and network capacity planning and operations. This key player will also serve as an escalation point and mentor to junior system administrators.
- Solve complex technical issues involving multiple technology stacks
- Serve as escalation point for complex customer issues
- Configure and deploy new applications and services
- Deploy systems utilizing best practices for security and maintainability
- Create technical documentation for operational use
- Ability to identify hardware and software problems and coordinate system maintenance activities
- Configure, deploy and tune MySQL or other major RDMS
- Set-up virtual hosting with Apache
- As needed work in the data center to assist with provisioning and tracking of equipment
- Serve in a mentorship role to junior system administrators
The ideal candidates will have the following:
- 5-7 years of hands-on Linux exposure in a production or data center environment
- Four year degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience required
- Must have extensive knowledge of troubleshooting and resolving Linux performance level issues
- Proficiency in at least one or more scripting languages such as Bash, Expect, PERL, or python
- Thorough understanding of the LAMP stack
- Knowledge of cPanel/Web Host Manager platform
- Automation and configuration management experience: PXE Boot, CFEngine, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience with firewall technologies; both hardware and software
- Linux Clustering experience
- Knowledge of remote access console technologies: IPMI, ILOM, ILO, or DRAC
- Virtualization technologies: VMWare, OVM, XEN, and Virtuozzo. Ideal candidate should have extensive knowledge of Parallels Virtuozzo
- Storage experience with JBOD, NFS, iSCSI, SAN and RAID a plus
- Experience with cloud web hosting products: OpenStack, OpSource, or other cloud offerings
- Experience with managing, troubleshooting and security networks
- Experience working with, extending, and enhancing monitoring systems like Nagios
- Extensive experience in security. Dealing with and mitigating denial of service attacks (DoS) and distributed denial-of-service attacks (DDoS)
- Position requires the associate to participate in an on-call rotation schedule, being available for escalations
Our company is growing and a smart, hard working, and diligent person will have opportunities to advance. Relocation assistance provided.
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to Click Here to See Email Address