Do you know that Linux System Administration doesn’t require a Start Button? Would you like to upgrade and surround yourself with like minded people and leading edge hardware. How about the opportunity to work in multiple data centers, amongst 1000s of servers? Do you enjoy solving and troubleshooting complex issues that no one else can? Would you like to work with technical managers that are experts in the field?
Currently, we have an opening for Linux System Administrator to assist in system and network capacity planning and operations. This key player will also serve as an escalation point and mentor to junior system administrators.
- Solve complex technical issues involving multiple technology stacks
- Deploy enterprise-class networks, including servers, routers, switches, and other hardware
- Configure equipment in an environment where network uptime is critical to business operations
- Manage security solutions, including firewalls, mod_security, and intrusion detection systems
- Travel as needed to perform on-site work in our two data center locations in VA and CA
Position requires participation in a 24/7 on-call rotation schedule, being available for escalations
- Administer Apache servers. Experience with reverse proxies such as varnish or nginx a plus
- Plan and coordinate maintenance, repairs and changes in accordance with change management policies and communicate expected changes clearly to company and customers
- Troubleshoot issues at both Layer 2 and Layer 3 quickly, multicast/anycast experience a plus
- Work on systems and networking infrastructure to mitigate DDOS attacks and other threats
- Monitor and test service and network performance.
Ready to Apply?
Email cover-letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.