On February 21st and 22nd the Code for Hampton Roads Brigade hosted a Code Across Hampton Roads event. Code for Hampton Roads is a Code Across America Brigade comprised of volunteers that contribute their talents towards improving the way local governments and community organizations use the web.
The purpose of the event was to bring together coders, designers, marketers, government staff, innovators, and anyone with the passion to make their city and the region better. In addition to having a few of our staff members participate in the event, InMotion Hosting was able to provide sponsorship.
Here is what a few our team members had to say about the event:
“Participating in Code Across gave me a great opportunity to give back to the community using skills honed at InMotion Hosting. Working on a team with other local developers, we were able to make significant contributions to open-source projects that will help improve the lives of the people living in Hampton Roads. I’m looking forward with great anticipation to what we can accomplish over the coming year.” – Blaine P- Brigade Member and IMH Web Designer
“I was surprised to see so many coders in one place collaborating on so many different projects. Everyone was so inviting, eager to socialize and share ideas. The event seemed to cater to people of varying strengths and disciplines, from novice CMS users to seasoned back-end coders—even to graphic designers, like me. I’ll definitely be returning next time, perhaps with a lot more to contribute.”- Cisco R- IMH Web Designer
The 12th Annual Southern California Linux Expo (Scale 12x) kicked off last Friday, February 21st at the Hilton Los Angeles Airport. Staffers from InMotion Hosting were in attendance to answer questions regarding our Linux based web hosting services. Check out all the fun the team had below manning our booth and challenging attendees to a game of cup stacking.
Do you know that Linux System Administration doesn’t require a Start Button? Would you like to upgrade and surround yourself with like minded people and leading edge hardware. How about the opportunity to work in multiple data centers, amongst 1000s of servers? Do you enjoy solving and troubleshooting complex issues that no one else can? Would you like to work with technical managers that are experts in the field?
Currently, we have an opening for Linux System Administrator to assist in system and network capacity planning and operations. This key player will also serve as an escalation point and mentor to junior system administrators.
- Solve complex technical issues involving multiple technology stacks
- Serve as escalation point for complex customer issues
- Configure and deploy new applications and services
- Deploy systems utilizing best practices for security and maintainability
- Create technical documentation for operational use
- Ability to identify hardware and software problems and coordinate system maintenance activities
- Configure, deploy and tune MySQL or other major RDMS
- Set-up virtual hosting with Apache
- As needed work in the data center to assist with provisioning and tracking of equipment
- Serve in a mentorship role to junior system administrators
Ready to Apply?
Email cover-letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Friday, September 27th team members from our Sales, Web Design, and Billing Departments headed to the local Dave & Busters in Virginia Beach for some team building fun. Team members were treated to dinner, drinks, and game play.
It was a great opportunity for the departments to connect outside the office environment and get to know their coworkers. Would you like to join a company that values team building? Submit your resume to email@example.com for review.
It’s exciting times at InMotion Hosting as we continue to grow our associate base to meet clientele needs. We are seeking a Technical Recruiter to assist with this growth!
Are you sourcing guru?
Do you thrive in a fast paced environment?
Can you explain the pros of using Linux?
If you answered yes to the questions above you may be the fit that we are looking for.
- Screen and identify talent through passive and active sources including postings, social networking, internet research, and cold calling for staffing needs of multiple departments across all locations.
- Recruitment of positions across multiple departments.
- Attendance, coordination and participation in external and on-site career and job fair events.
- Continuous identification and implementation of effective recruitment strategies.
- Accountable for achieving targeted recruitment metrics.
- Liaison with third party recruiters.
Ready to Apply?
Submit your resume and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come Join our Team!