Are you interested in applying for our Web Developer opening, but would like to know more information about the company or role? Sometimes it helps to hear from employees themselves. We recently spoke with Jim D. and Michael H. to learn more about their experience with IMH.
How long have you been with IMH?
Including my time as an intern I have been with IMH for 9 months next week.
Overall, how has your IMH experience been?
I have honestly loved my time with IMH since the beginning. As with any new job there are nerves coming in. Any concerns I had were quickly resolved as soon as I was introduced to the team of people I would be working with. I quickly learned that this point applied to more than just the team in my department but the IMH team as a whole.
Have you been introduced to any new skills/concepts?
In a word …everyday. I had the benefit of starting my time as an intern with limited exposure to practical development outside of an educational environment. Specifically I remember learning PHP as I was attempting to complete the coding challenge required for interview at the time. I was given excellent feedback at the time of interview and since, which has really advanced my knowledge of the language. A good way to describe it is that my skills were based largely around the theory of development with limited exposure to the practical. I jumped in feet first and continue to learn and enhance my skills across the board each day I come to work. -Jim D
How long have you been with IMH?
I started in February of this year and am now approaching 6 months.
What aspect do you enjoy most about working at IMH?
I enjoy the relaxed and casual atmosphere.
Do you have any advice to give to someone who wants to start out in our industry?
As a developer it is important to keep informed of changing technology being employed within the developer community. One of the best ways I’ve found to do that is to keep in contact with other members of the community. This area offers several groups where individuals get together and discuss best practices and technology, often this has introduced me to things I was not aware of and which I was later able to apply in my job. -Michael
IMH Web Developers Jim and Michael
Are you looking for a reason to move to the beach? Amazon.com just named Virginia Beach “America’s Most Patriotic City.”
We have several openings waiting for you in our Virginia Beach office. You can click here to check those out. Please send questions and a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re on the go again attending WordCamps across the country. Jacob N of our Customer Community Team recently attended WordCamp Chicago and shared his experience with us.
WordCamp Chicago was a great time and I learned a ton, I also met some great people and I’m sure I’ll bump into them again at future WordPress events. Going to my first WordCamp and seeing the WordPress community up close in person has really opened my eyes to all the possibilities that WordPress allows for. I really appreciate InMotion Hosting sending me out there to bring some of that great community back to our ranks.
You can read more of Jacob’s experience here.
Do you know that Linux System Administration doesn’t require a Start Button? Would you like to upgrade and surround yourself with like-minded people and leading edge hardware? How about the opportunity to work in multiple data centers, amongst 1000s of servers? Do you enjoy solving and troubleshooting complex issues that no one else can? Would you like to work with technical managers that are experts in the field?
Currently, we have an opening for a Systems Administrator to assist in system and network capacity planning and operations. This key player will also serve as an escalation point and mentor to junior system administrators.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Two-year degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience required
- 2-5 years of system administration experience with linux/unix required
- 5-7 years working with large/complex network required
- 3-5 years working with configuration management systems, ad-hoc command execution engines, and monitoring systems for 100+ systems required
- Experience using a higher level scripting language: Perl, Python, Ruby, etc. required
- Experience prioritizing and resolving escalations in a help desk environment.
- Expert technical troubleshooting ability and critical thinking skills, ability to continue to evaluate situations and react appropriately under stress required.
- Expert knowledge of UNIX/Linux and its commands/utilities as both a user and administrator;
- Expert level understanding of the “LAMP” stack (Linux, Apache, MySql, PHP/Perl), including but not limited to basic installation and configuration of services and applications
- Experience with web scripting and web applications, advanced skills troubleshooting with Bind, Apache, Mysql, PHP and Perl applications/scripts required.
- Expert knowledge of virtualization concepts and technologies
- Understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts; strong working knowledge of routing and switching and experience implementing large networks layer 2,3, familiarity routing protocols (BGP,IBGP, OSPF) and utilizing VLANs preferred.
Ready to Apply? Send resume to: email@example.com
Are you seeking a new challenge?
Would you like to work in a progressive, innovative, technical environment?
Did you answer Yes to the above questions?
Then you should check out what IMH’s current openings in our Virginia Beach and LA offices.
Virginia Beach – Virginia
Los Angeles – California
What to learn more? Send your current resume and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.