We’re on the go again attending WordCamps across the country. Jacob N of our Customer Community Team recently attended WordCamp Chicago and shared his experience with us.
WordCamp Chicago was a great time and I learned a ton, I also met some great people and I’m sure I’ll bump into them again at future WordPress events. Going to my first WordCamp and seeing the WordPress community up close in person has really opened my eyes to all the possibilities that WordPress allows for. I really appreciate InMotion Hosting sending me out there to bring some of that great community back to our ranks.
You can read more of Jacob’s experience here.
Do you know that Linux System Administration doesn’t require a Start Button? Would you like to upgrade and surround yourself with like-minded people and leading edge hardware? How about the opportunity to work in multiple data centers, amongst 1000s of servers? Do you enjoy solving and troubleshooting complex issues that no one else can? Would you like to work with technical managers that are experts in the field?
Currently, we have an opening for a Systems Administrator to assist in system and network capacity planning and operations. This key player will also serve as an escalation point and mentor to junior system administrators.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Two-year degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience required
- 2-5 years of system administration experience with linux/unix required
- 5-7 years working with large/complex network required
- 3-5 years working with configuration management systems, ad-hoc command execution engines, and monitoring systems for 100+ systems required
- Experience using a higher level scripting language: Perl, Python, Ruby, etc. required
- Experience prioritizing and resolving escalations in a help desk environment.
- Expert technical troubleshooting ability and critical thinking skills, ability to continue to evaluate situations and react appropriately under stress required.
- Expert knowledge of UNIX/Linux and its commands/utilities as both a user and administrator;
- Expert level understanding of the “LAMP” stack (Linux, Apache, MySql, PHP/Perl), including but not limited to basic installation and configuration of services and applications
- Experience with web scripting and web applications, advanced skills troubleshooting with Bind, Apache, Mysql, PHP and Perl applications/scripts required.
- Expert knowledge of virtualization concepts and technologies
- Understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts; strong working knowledge of routing and switching and experience implementing large networks layer 2,3, familiarity routing protocols (BGP,IBGP, OSPF) and utilizing VLANs preferred.
Ready to Apply? Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you seeking a new challenge?
Would you like to work in a progressive, innovative, technical environment?
Did you answer Yes to the above questions?
Then you should check out what IMH’s current openings in our Virginia Beach and LA offices.
Virginia Beach – Virginia
Los Angeles – California
What to learn more? Send your current resume and questions to email@example.com.
This past month has been busy for InMotion employees as they attended and presented at WordCamp Orange County and Philly. Jerrett F from our Marketing Team presented, “A WordPress Site Even Your Mother Can Use.” to OC campers. The presentation covered setting up an easy to administer WordPress site for the non tech savvy. The slides can be found here. Jeff M of our Customer Community team discussed how to choose a WordPress host in Philly.
You can read more about their adventures here.
Are you interested in sharing your technical knowledge with end users? Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
Each quarter departments at IMH participate in team building activities. These activities allow teams to bond out of the office and at times provide an atmosphere for healthy competition. For the month of June we had three departments host their team building events. Support Leadership chose to strike out at AMF Lynnhaven Lanes, Billing, QA, and Customer Service started their engines at American Indoor Karting, lastly the Sales and Web Design Team cheered for home runs while watching the Tides play.
Check out all the fun the teams had below. Would you like to be part of our next team building event. Submit your resume to email@example.com for review.