Click this Image to Circle us and join our hangout! Wednesdays 2pm-3pm PST Western Time.
Our weekly webmasters live Q+A is a broadcast via Google Hangouts supported with a live twitter chat stream #IMHhangout.
With the talk of the release of the new iPhone 5, we decided to make our topic ‘Do Mobile Devices Really Increase Productivity’. We hope that our audience of web pros, gadget geeks and those that postulate working on the run will share with us their experience working while away.
Questions to follow a round of introductions:
- What mobile devices do you own? #iPhone #iPad #netbook
- What form of work do you do? #Webmasters, #Designers #Sysadmin
- Do you use your device for work or personal organization?
- Lets see which apps you use for each group: #personal #office
- How many hours daily do you spend on your mobile device? #texting #sharing
- Who or what is really doing the driving?
- I threw this sophomoric question in for debate!
So! Whether you’re a traditionalist who prefers doing things in person or keeping work to a focused time-frame rather than jumping to every alert that comes in, here’s an opportunity to find out if those that are really ‘connected online’ fare any better at productivity.
The event will go live both on Twitter using the #IMHhangout Hashtag and on Google. So you can lurk without jumping into the hangout if you’re too shy. We do want you to showcase your tech savvy reviews of mobile gadgets, to help the rest of us decide what we really want. Please interact using tweetchat.com here, and we’ll keep an eye on the live twitter stream to mention your name, and find out what products you root for.
How to Find the #IMHhangout
- Look for our Custum URL [or click here]: google.com / +inmotionhosting
- Type ‘InMotion Hosting‘ into google plus search to find our brand profile page. On your mobile device you have to do this through ‘people‘ [not circles] profile search to view our page profile.
- Do a hard refresh [hold down shift + refresh] near broadcast time to make sure our google plus page refreshes and shows you the invitation to ‘join hangout‘
We received a comment on one of our hangouts that one viewer couldn’t jump in. So I decided to test it out and sure enough Google hangouts do work through iPhones and mobile devices. Unfortunately we cannot explain why some of you get messages like this:
“This hangout is not currently supported on this device” – So we are aware difficulties like this do happen, as this is what I saw on my iPhone. I’m looking forward to suggestions from other mobile people on how they overcome this. In the mean time the only suggestion I have is to leave the G+ app, and restart it if you see this message come up. Even so, please don’t let this hold you back! We value your input through the TweetChat hashtag, make sure you tag your conversation with #IMHhangout so that everyone in the community can see your voice!
Keep an eye on this blog page as details get added to see who’s joining in! We are looking forward to giving you all a spot here in the live broadcast – so make sure you jump in
@InMotionHosting #IMHhangout will be hosted by @JulianaPayson.
Our team to welcome you and help you in the live chat are:
@AnieA203 – Our in-house Graphic Designer, will be scanning our Tweetchat
@IMH_Affiliate – Our Affiliate Manager, will be keeping a deft eye on G+ and hopefully making sure you can jump in.
@Maria_InMotion – Our SEO and Partner Specialist will be watching out for people on Facebook to make sure you get a mention.
Here’s this week’s Hashtracking report which shows that we had over 127,000 impressions on this hangout! Thanks this week to @Brianna5mith who was our top contributor on Twitter from the Business Branding world.